Yes, I’m posting AGAIN late in the day dagnabbit! Stupid worky-work keeps getting me off track and off my mojo of writing for the next day the night before. Maybe I’ll feel the inspiration to write again after I do this. We’ll see.
So since I’m late again, I’m going to write about the number 24.
Well for one, it’s in the top 5 of my all time favorite TV shows and any chance I can stick a gratuitous picture of Kiefer Sutherland in a post is good with me. In my 9-5 life, I adore one kick ass lady named Gini Dietrich. When I found out her dog’s name is Jack Bauer, she rose to Idol status in my eyes. No joke.
24 is the day that H#1 was born.. on a beautiful day in September with her crown of bright red curls.
24 cookies are better than 12. Seriously.
24 hours in a day ~~ each one an opportunity to do something bigger and better with yourself.
And this is the 24th day of my first round of NaBlogPoMo.. of which I’ve learned a lot.
- I’ve learned that I really CAN put a decent post out every day. Two of which were good enough to have the fine ladies at BlogHer make them feature posts. The first one stands at 3,145 reads! WHAT?!! That’s INSANE to me and also makes me very proud of myself. I was thrilled to the moon when I was picked the 1st time and equally as thrilled when I was chosen again (today!) the second time.
- I’ve learned that there are some amazing bloggers out there that don’t get much attention and a lot of “superstars” with huge followings who can’t write for crap. You can tell that they’re writing for their audience, which unfortunately are brands.
- I’ve learned there aren’t many places for moms like me who have ZERO interest in bottles, binkies or blankies. I’m interested in keeping babies OUT of my house at this point. So I started my own site (Ten to Twenty Parenting) that will hopefully cater to those of us raising teens & tweens. <<shameless plug – go sign up if you haven’t already and POST!!>>
- Since I’ve started THAT site, I finally found a few other sites that DO cater to my group of moms but that’s okay — there’s plenty of room for all of us.
- I like to mess around with the layout of my blog. A lot. Just can’t leave well enough alone.
- I look forward to the day where the thoughts that are in my head really DO make it to the pages of this blog.
- I am kinda obsessed with Google Analytics now.
- I couldn’t care less if I didn’t get an invite to #DisneySMMoms (apparently a huge issue today….lots of ticked off Moms who didn’t get their Mouse Ears)
- I think that I will sign up for the February NaBloPoMo to make sure that I keep up this pace. I may never be a “rockstar” but since this blog’s been around for over 8 years, I could be one of the oldest middle of the road writers in this hemisphere. I’m cool with middle of the road.
Okay… that’s it for the number 24. And I still have time to get another post ready for tomorrow and get back on track.
Last updated byat .