Wakey, wakey, eggs and bac-y!! Who’s feeling the pain this morning? Not me.. I barely made it til midnight. I said “rabbit, rabbit, rabbit” for luck, kissed the Rooster and went to bed. The only thing that pains me this morning is knowing that 6am tomorrow is going to come awfully early after almost 2 weeks of no alarms. I don’t make resolutions, but one thing that I am going to change this year is my bedtime.. 10pm on school nights from now on. My ass is getting old and I definitely need 8 hours to make sure my beauty lingers just a little longer.
2012 was a banner year for me and blogging. As many of you know, this site has been around for 9 years but last year, between the end of Christmas and the beginning of 2012, I sat in this chair of mine and vowed to make this site a priority. And it paid off.
Here are a few of the milestones in 2012 that I’m proud of –
- Several of my posts were featured over at BlogHer. One was even syndicated which means they paid me to run it. I don’t care how many times it happens, it still makes my day when I get the email from BlogHer.
- I was a finalist in the Shorty Awards for Mom in Social Media. Thanks to everyone who pushed me over the top and you can expect me to bug the crap out of you again this year
- I was asked several times to appear on our local news for a variety of things. Again – it always thrills (and humbles) me when I get a call from them looking for my insight.
- I worked with some pretty cool consulting companies and PR firms that enable me to give YOU some pretty cool give aways and reviews.
- I met some amazing fellow bloggers online and in real life. My audience grew beyond just the people in my family and friends. (the humor in that is that no one in my family reads this site.. )
So, here I sit in this chair again and ready to take on 2013. Because saying it out loud makes you more accountable, here are the things that I plan to achieve this year for me and this site:
- I will consistently post at least 4 times a week. Amazing when you post every day how much more traffic you get.
- I will be at least a finalist in the Shorty’s again, if not win the award for Mom in social media.
- I will continue to get posts featured on blogging sites such as BlogHer.
- I will expand my listings to sites like Babble, CafeMom, etc.
- I will attend at least 2 blogging conferences. Right now I’m planning on Type-A Parent and BlogHer. If the budget and Rooster allow, I may try for another.
- I would like to speak at a conference. My background as a social media professional serves that audience well.
- I would like to see my daily site views at least quadruple.
- I will do a professional site redesign.
- I will increase my ad dollars and sponsored contests. More dollars means I get to go to more conferences.
- I will write more honestly. Not that my writing before was lies, but it was a bit guarded at times. I have so many stories bouncing in my head that I almost started an anonymous blog this year just so I cold tell them. I will tell those stories here instead.
- I will keep finding other amazing bloggers out there and share their stories as well.
- I will continue to have the best fricking readers to known to blog-kind.
Above all, I am so grateful to each of you who stop by and read my crazy thoughts. None of these goals would be important to me if it weren’t to touch each of you.
Hope you all have an amaze-balls 2013! Now go get you some black-eyed peas, collard greens and ham-hock!
Are you raising a teen or a tween? Join the conversation over at Ten to Twenty Parenting