Remember a couple of weeks ago when Sydney took a stab at how well she knew me? She did pretty well and today it’s Mackenzie’s turn. There are a couple of surprising things about this one. First of all – she did it. Anyone that has a 14 year old living in their house knows that getting them to do anything is challenging. Much less anything that you WANT them to do. Especially if it’s not centered around them. Second, it’s a miracle this paper made its way to me. If you’ve even seen her bedroom or her backpack, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Without further ado, here is how well my oldest child, Mackenzie, knows me.
What is something mom always says to you? When does she say it? “If you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all.” When I’m being mean (I’m trying, you guys.. that nastiness has to end somewhere)
2. What makes mom happy? Her kids (Truth. They’re the reason I do what I do.)
3. What makes mom sad? When we’re rude (so, then, stop it… )
4. How does your mom make you laugh? By telling me stories (Unless they’re stories about her.. then she doesn’t laugh that much.. )
5. What was your mom like as a child? I have no clue (Uhm… Mimi needs to get on with her duties then.. telling embarrassing stories about your kids is what we live for.. )
6. How old is your mom? 43 (Syd said 42, so right now she’s still my favorite)
7. What is her favorite thing to do? Spend time with her kids (Hey! She and Syd had the same answer! Maybe there’s hope after all!)
8. What does your mom do when you’re not around? Work (Sadly, this is closer to the truth than what Sydney said.. )
9. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? For building a twitter or something like that for like the President (Well, if I did, you can bet Mr. President would rock that Twitter account)
10. What is your mom really good at? Working (Ok.. now 2 of my kids think I’m good at work. Do they not EAT my food?!)
11. What is your mom not very good at? Shopping (Not true. I’m very good at shopping. I just don’t LIKE shopping. There is a difference.)
12. What does your mom do for her job? Sales and marketing (Hey! They ARE paying attention!)
13. What is your mom’s favorite food? Sushi (We like to go to sushi places together but she gets rice.. )
14. What makes you proud of your mom? Everything (Really? Or is this just the easiest answer for you guys..)
15. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? Velma (Wakka, wakka!)
16. What do you and your mom do together? Crafts (We do awesome crafts)
17. How are you and your mom the same? Our hair and humor (She is a pretty funny chick)
18. How are you and your mom different? Our personality (How can we have the same humor but different personalities? Isn’t it kinda the same?)
19. How do you know your mom loves you? She tells me 24/7 (Bless your heart child. I WISH I told you 24/7. I SHOULD tell you 24/7)
20. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go? The Caribbean but specifically, Saint Marteen (Let’s go, girl!)
The funny thing about this little experiment is how many of the questions they answer the same. You’d never know that they have anything in common just by watching how they interact with each other. Makes a Mama proud, you know?
I love comments and respond to each one. I’m all for a good debate, but, I don’t like nasty comments. If it’s Janet Jackson “nasty” I’m cool with that, but any other kind of nasty will get deleted at my discretion. ‘mkay?
Are you raising a teen or a tween? Join the conversation over at Ten to Twenty Parenting