Just before the holidays, I gave each of the girls a sheet of paper with questions on it to see how well they knew me. I mean, I know every little nook and cranny of their little bodies, favorite colors, favorite activities and favorite foods. Surely they know as much about the woman that carried them for 9 months and endured excruciating pain to give them life, right?
Uhm. Not so sure. Regardless, their answers were… shall we say… insightful and entertaining.
These are Sydney’s responses.. please note that I’m putting them in exactly as she wrote them.. including grammatical and spelling errors (which weren’t many)..
1. What is something mom always says to you? When does she say it? “You know what I mean, jelly bean?” When she wants to know if I know what she means. (well, she knows what I mean when I say it, I guess)
2. What makes mom happy? When everyone gets along and we’re not fighting (yes!! you learned!!)
3. What makes mom sad? Everybody fighting (see #2 then, please)
4. How does your mom make you laugh? When she accidently does something (you should see how hard I laugh when I do it on purpose then.. )
5. What was your mom like as a child? She said she looked like me (glad to hear you’ve listened to my “when I was a kid” stories… )
6. How old is your mom? 42 (you’re my favorite, Syd…)
7. What is her favorite thing to do? Spend time with her kids (awwww… still my favorite… )
8. What does your mom do when you’re not around? Make love with my dad (Zoink! Hah! He wishes..)
9. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? (no answer. really??)
10. What is your mom really good at? Her work (Ok.. I’ll take that. But I bake well, too..)
11. What is your mom not very good at? She told me she does not like math to much algrabra (I can do math. Provided it’s not above a 5th grade level..)
12. What does your mom do for her job? She is in sales market/buisness (Uhm. Yeah. I am. I think..)
13. What is your mom’s favorite food? Just geussing here, Sushi! (Yum, Yum!) (Bingo!!)
14. What makes you proud of your mom? Everything she does (aww…still my favorite!)
15. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? Wilma Flinstone (Does that mean your dad is Fred?)
16. What do you and your mom do together? We like to sometimes do hard puzzles & blog (why, yes we do!)
17. How are you and your mom the same? We both have that imagination/creativity trate (I’d add stubbornness to that as well.. oh and we both like the theatre..)
18. How are you and your mom different? She likes many different foods I don’t (you’ll get there, Sydney.. you like sushi after all!)
19. How do you know your mom loves you? I can just feel it (then I have done my job well)
20. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go? Anywhere peacful & relaxing (true, true…)
I think she did pretty good. Next time, the questions will be harder like “Which member of Duran Duran did mommy have a crush on”. Let’s see how she does then.
Thanks for playing, Sydney… I love you 🙂
I love comments and respond to each one. I’m all for a good debate, but, I don’t like nasty comments. If it’s Janet Jackson “nasty” I’m cool with that, but any other kind of nasty will get deleted at my discretion. ‘mkay?
Are you raising a teen or a tween? Join the conversation over at Ten to Twenty Parenting