Coming up on my 400th post on this little slice of my world and thought that I would extend an OPEN invite to my friends and readers. The invite was to give me ANY topic and I would write about it in my next 4 blogs.
Today’s prompt comes from my friend Arminda. She sent me a text today that read: “I want you to write a confession to your mother about something you did while you still lived at home.”
Someone tell me that there IS a statute of limitations on groundings. Please.
For the most part, I was a good kid but like all kids, I did do a few things that you aren’t aware of during my teenage years. Well, at least I think you weren’t aware of them. So today, I would like to come clean. Here are my confessions:
- The summer that you and Dad went to Europe and left me home alone under strict orders to NOT have anyone in the house, I threw a party. Not a crazy, Risky Business kind of party but there were more than 10 people in the house. I was so paranoid that the neighbors would find out that I made everyone park up the street and walk thru the woods.
- When I would come home from school in the 5th grade and you told me to NEVER cook anything, I made grilled cheese sandwiches. Not on the stove in a pan but rather I toasted the bread and held the cheese over the toaster so it would melt. Looking back on it, using a pan probably would have been safer..
- I played hooky my senior year in high school. A lot of hooky. I blame it on Marsh Hanson. He made me do it.
- And in order to not get busted that I played hooky, I was always conveniently sick the next day. That way when I would write my excuse note, I could squeeze the extra day in there after you had signed it.
- All those movies that Cristi and I went to in high school? We never went to the movies. I don’t think we even went to the mall. We just drove around for hours at a time.
- When I was 16 and dated Warren Wolf, he was 21 – not 18.
See… it wasn’t THAT bad. I guess spending half of my teenage years grounded “from everything” helped curb a lot of my mischief. Maybe you guys were right about that, after all.
Love you, Mom!!! Remember that I am your ONLY child!!
Last updated byat .